Super Visa Insurance
Brantford Super Visa Insurance Services
Who Can Apply for the Super Visa?
Parents or grandparents of Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents are eligible to apply for this visa. The applicants cannot be inadmissible to Canada on the basis of health or security, and they may be required to meet specific conditions set forth by the visa office through which they will be applying.
It is important to note that no dependents can be included on this application. Only parents or grandparents, and their spouses or common-law partners, may apply for the Super Visa.
The Application Process
The application process is similar to that for a regular TRV. Additional documentation, however, is required to ensure that the parents and grandparents will be well supported during their time in Canada. This includes:
- A letter of invitation from the child or grandchild residing in Canada
- Documents that prove the child or grandchild meets the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO) minimum
- Proof of parental relationship with child or grandchild, such as a birth certificate that names them as a parent
- Proof of medical insurance coverage for one year with a Canadian insurance company
The application should be processed at the Canadian visa office responsible for the applicant’s place of residence outside of Canada. Depending on the visa office, additional documentation may be needed.
Super Visa Insurance
Gtax SAVING offers Super Visa medical Insurance from all major Canadian Insurance Companies that conform to the CICs Super Visa for Parents and Grandparents Program. The following things should keep in mind about Super Visa Insurance.
- The coverage must be for a minimum of $100,000.
- The policy must have a minimum duration of one year.
- Refunds will be provided if you are unable to obtain a Visa and got letter from visa office.
- If you leave Canada before one year, you can get a refund on the unused balance, every Insurance Company have different rules for how much they deduct from refund.
- Deductibles can be used to save on the premium.
- If you decide to stay for more than one year, then you will need to purchase a new policy 8 days before the expiry of the old policy.
- Discuss the medical condition of your parents / grandparents to get proper insurance which will cover them.
Please contact us if you have any questions.